Probably the most commonly used form of security is that of the password. Passwords have been around for a very long time, and during that time, it has afforded the individuals as well as corporations one of the best forms of security-that is up until today. Given the dawn of the Internet, and the very sophisticated technology which exists today, passwords can be very easily intercepted, and as a result, discovered, causing all sorts of harm to both Corporate America and individuals, with the worst of course, being that of Identity Theft.
Because of these threats that are out there today, businesses and corporations across the board are changing their password security policies in order to make passwords much harder to crack. As a result, employees have to create and adapt to the use passwords which are very complex, long, and for the most part, very difficult to remember.
Because of this, the “Post It Syndrome” erupted, where employees leave their passwords on a Post It Note, and attach it to their workstation monitor. Apart from this, there is also a fiscal consequence with the use of these passwords, today as well. Today, it costs on average of $300/employee/year for IT departments to reset employee passwords.
Now, this may not seem to be a lot of money, but the financial costs can certainly escalate if one is a large corporation with a lot of employees. Many technical attempts have been made to eliminate passwords entirely, none of them have been successful except for that of Biometrics.
Individuals as well as businesses and corporations are now embracing this new way to eliminate the use of passwords entirely, and to save the expenses associated with password resets. Today, fingerprint recognition technology is being heavily, widely used. With just one swipe of your finger, you can be logged into your computer or laptop or even a netbook in less than just one second-it takes more time just to type and enter your password!
Now, we offer this technology for you to use, and enjoy the freedom of forgetting your password entirely. In order to do this, we bring you the Hamster from the Secugen Corporation.
Here are some of the features of Hamster, from Secugen:
- It is FBI Certified, thus providing you a great sense of confidence in the Hamster;
- The optical fingerprint sensor which comes with is among of the “best in the business”;
- Because of the nature of the design of the optical fingerprint sensor, the Hamster allows any finger or thumb to be scanned by the device;
- The Hamster is virtually maintenance free;
- The Hamster comes with a weighted stand which allows for cumbersome, free usage of it;
- The Hamster comes with a standard USB connection.
Here are some of the benefits of using the Hamster:
- Best of all, the Hamster is very affordable; it will not break your budget;
- Because of the standard USB connection, the Hamster can connect into any workstation, laptop, or netbook, which possesses a USB connection;
- The Hamster possesses a very strong Ease of Use-it is very much just “Plug and Play”;
- The Hamster possesses the “Auto-On Feature”-meaning as long as your computer, laptop, or netbook is turned on, or even in the sleep mode, all you have to have to do is just swipe your finger, or just even place it on the optical sensor. The software applications which are associated with the Hamster can detect the presence of your fingerprint or thumbprint when it is placed upon the sensor;
- The Hamster very easily replaces your password-THERE IS NO NEED TO REMEMBER THOSE PESKY PASSWORDS, YOUR FINGERPRINT IS YOUR PASSWORD!!!
We also offer software development services for the Hamster.